Thursday, November 08, 2007

Our little bean is 4 weeks old!


I am totally hypnotized, and I can't wake up! And neither would I want to with this precious face staring back at me!

This month has been one, long, amazing journey--and it hasn't been easy to say the least. Today, our little Ayden (Alyraza, as Ahsan likes to call him) is nearly a month old: 4 weeks to be exact. I was talking to my mom on Skype today, and she corrected me that one month and 4 weeks are not the same, and it just hit me. I have been a mommy for more than 672 hours.

Of that time, I haven't slept more than 2--correction--3 and 1/2 hours straight (as of last night, thank GOD... the little munchkin slept from 1am to 4:30, and then up again at 6:30 for another feeding, finally waking up at 9am to start the day!) I've gone nearly to hell and back (yes, I had the much-anticipated post-partum baby blues) and I've had the pleasure, if not the ecstasy, of seeing the world through a child's eyes watching my baby plump up from 3.9kilos to over 5.4 (maybe more now.. and that's going from 8.69 lbs to almost 11!)

Today, Ahsan gave me the third greatest gift (okay, the first being our baby--what a birthday present! the second, being to actually name him!) and.. this so-called gift being the ultimate-wish-I-had-it-sooner BABY SWING! My God, if I only knew what a blessing it would be.. now I can buy myself a bit more time, toss the baby in, and away he sleeps. Truly amazing.

Alright. Baby asleep? Check. Husband asleep? Check. And now the momma.. yes. That's me. I'm off to sleep too.

ps. I've ALREADY got over a thousand pictures of this sweet little gift of God, and just don't know how I'm going to post them all! Check back soon over at my Flickr photos for those beautiful Ayden pictures I know you're anticipating!

xox Chelsea

No comments: