Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Busan, post 1 of 1,948...

Busan was absolutely gorgeous. I only have time for posting a few photos before I head off to work...

승 보 and I headed off to Busan on Saturday morning. Thank God he was there--I would have had a hard time finding my way around, let alone finding the right train to Busan. The goal of this trip: finally meet my coordinator, Kate, who found me my job at JungChul!

There were fish markets. Wow, smelly. We saw Pig heads--REAL ONES, too! These are normally bought for new businesses as a symbol for good luck (people put money into the pigs mouth!) Plus, there were lots of people, even though it was overcast and cool. Interestingly enough, Starbucks coffee--and they make coffee the right way! The beach was gorgeous--Haeundae beach, with the wind blowing, and my feet feeling the warm sand beneath. That was my favorite part; I love the water, and it felt like home watching 당 해 (Dong Hae--or the Sea of Japan) lapping up onto the shore of the beach. It was a neat trip indeed--And Kate was a cutest Korean girl I've ever met!!!

















No comments: