Friday, July 15, 2005

First post: Finally settled on the road not taken...

Welcome to my blog! yay! I'm a bit excited now. I've finally got the blog!

So here's the scoop. I'm cross-blogging with http://theroadnottaken.journalspace.com , which I've decided to make more of a poetry, streaming-thought blog site for my adventure here in Korea.

That's right. I'm exactly 2 weeks and 2 days fresh as an ESL teacher in Daegu, South Korea. It's exciting, and nerve-racking too. There's still so much to see.. and I'm feeling a bit too lonely. But that homesickness usually gets curtailed by the first month. I think (fingers crossed).

Aside from the different food, I'm feeling a bit more acclimated to my surroundings. I have a great boss, Susan, and a great couple of co-workers--Angelina (who lives right across the street from me, and whose Canadian Fiancé lived in the apartment that I am currently living in), Ellen (the official princess) and last, the refined, yet veteraned Kelly (the oldest of the group, whose married with a baby)... so pictures of them will be uploaded soon.

I almost don't know where to begin. I guess this is just the first entry. TaDa!

It's amazing how late my evenings have become. It's now past 4am and I SWORE to myself that I would go to bed early. Fat chance! At least I made some head-way on my writing. It looks like I'll have to back-date a few entries to get everyone current on my experience thus far!

Comme toujours...I miss everyone. More updates during the waking hour.

~Cdp

No comments: